Principal Engineer - Software
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Principal Engineer - Software
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, Frimley, Filton, Broad Oak, Weymouth, Brough. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Development of requirements
- Implementation of the design
- Testing design, development and execution
- Carrying out integration of software
- Configuring, releasing and deploying of the product
- Carrying out functional design specifications
- Authoring of models within an applicable toolset
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree or equivalent in relevant engineering subject such as Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Control Instrumentation
- Either hold or willing to work towards Chartership
- Software specialist with experience of industry control systems in particular Siemens, Rockwell, GE (Cots Equipment)
- Demonstrable experience within a leadership role
- Experience with Programming Languages & Tools
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The C&I team:
We are looking for you to support our ongoing Submarine programmes throughout the engineering lifecycle from concept through in service support, ensuring that we deliver an effective Royal Navy capability and a platform that ensures the safety of its crew.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on major, high profile engineering programme for Submarine Platforms in design and build, enabling you to interact with a number of internal and external stakeholders. There will also be potential for progression & development within this role.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.