Senior Engineer - Electronics (Instrumentation)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Engineer – Electronics (Instrumentation)
Location: Barrow-in-Furness. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Requirements capturing and analysis
- Designing of electronic hardware
- Integrating software and hardware aspects of the final solution
- Production of evaluation/acceptance testing criteria
- Acceptance testing
- Through-life support (e.g., defect investigations, modifications & upgrades etc.)
- Producing and reviewing of technical documentation and reports
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience in design, qualification, testing of electronic circuits and working knowledge of hardware – software integration methods
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience in Electrical/Electronic Engineering although other relevant STEM subjects may be considered
- Experience with developing instrumentation for distributed measurement systems
- Coaches, mentors, and assists others in Electrical Engineering tasks
- Able to meet the requirements for registration as an Incorporated Engineer (IEng), and (or) working towards registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng), with the Engineering Council or other relevant and equivalent professional certification and preferably be a member of a relevant Professional Body
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Instrumentation Development Services Team:
The team is a collaborative working environment pulling together multiple disciplines to work together to deliver a complex products and systems. As such there are opportunities to further develop with qualifications and experience. Opportunities are also available in adjacent disciplines to add resilience to the team and to provide progression and professional development opportunities in both technical and managerial career paths.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.