Principal Engineer - Electrical (Ensurance)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Principal Engineer – Electrical (Ensurance)
Location: Barrow-in-Furness or Filton
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Competitive – commensurate with skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Assisting in the production of estimates, creates and/or assists in the production of design requirement specifications
- Developing, promoting and sharing new technologies for implementation across businesses and programme(s)
- Acting as Engineering, technical or design authority for a sub-system or Line Replaceable Unit (LRU)
- Provideing technical leadership and guidance on matters relating to a discipline, may occasionally lead a team of engineers including line management responsibility
Your skills and experiences:
- Prior experience or knowledge maritime surface ships or submarines
- Background within Electrical Engineering, ideally with experience of systems such as power engineering, control & instrumentation, software or similar.
- Engineering or STEM related degree or equivalent experience within industry, preferably with CEng or equivalent level of capability
- Nuclear experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Submarine Support team:
Within Submarines this role reports into the Chief Engineer for Submarine Support. The role is part of a new and growing team formed to ensure safety, governance and assurance for in-service submarines. As an experienced engineer you will work closely with three main functions: Engineering Assurance, Engineering Delivery and Quality. The successful candidate requires robust communication skills with strong principles and an ability to question.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation