PCB Design Lead
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: PCB Design Lead
Location: Portsmouth, Great Baddow or Cowes, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £62,200 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Plan and oversee the work of the PCB design team
- Apply knowledge, technical skills and general engineering experience to generate PCB designs as required
- Interpretation, generation, and management of schematic diagrams
- Collaborate closely with the mechanical and electronic design teams
- Collaborate closely with the manufacturing team ensuring Design for Manufacture and Design for Test considerations are embodied
- Generation of manufacturing data packs
- Support Design and Peer Reviews
- Undertake component library management
- Modifications and maintenance of legacy designs
- Support the development of a future strategy for the team
- Provide estimates for future PCB designs
- Ensure toolsets, licenses, and supporting databases are maintained in a fully serviceable state
Your skills and experiences:
- Substantial experience of PCB design techniques for large, complex, multilayer, multi-substrate, PCBs. (Up to 24-layer, 2000+ components) developing large complex designs
- Experience of designing for controlled impedance, high speed digital, RF, mixed signal, high current, and large FPGA technologies
- Experience of blind, buried, and filled via techniques
- Ability to work with complex mechanical profiles to accommodate enclosure, structural, thermal, and screening requirements
- Experience of flexible PCB and interconnecting assemblies
- Multiple tool sets are currently in use. Experience of Cadence, Pantheon, ORcad, or ODB++ is advantageous
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The PCB team:
As PCB Team Leader, you will be responsible for the output of a small team generating approximately 30 PCB designs per year. The role will provide you with the opportunity to join various complex Radar and Underwater Weapon development projects. You will oversee the full lifecycle and contribute through all phases.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.