Principal Systems Engineer - Architecture Lead
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Principal Systems Engineer – Architecture Lead
Location: Barrow in Furness, Brough, Filton, Weymouth, Portsmouth and Frimley.
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Technical leadership of the development of a model based systems engineering approach in the concept phase of a major Systems of Systems programme
- Enactment and oversight of systems architectural modelling for System of Systems design level, in collaboration with engineers of other disciplines and key customer representatives
- Provide subject matter expertise on Model Based Systems Engineering
- Liaise with stakeholders to mature systems and supporting documentation
- Lead the development of modelling plans and support the development of wider Engineering Management Plans, governance and assurance frameworks
- To maintain high quality documentation in support of the tasks being undertaken both for delivery as part of the programme and supporting business review, programme progress tracking etc.
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree level qualification in relevant STEM subject or equivalent industry / armed forces experience
- Extensive experience in Systems Engineering in particular for complex systems of systems
- Proven experience introducing model based systems engineering in a traditional engineering environment
- Proven experience providing technical leadership of the development and adaption of Model Based Systems Engineering activities to meet programme and customer needs
- Experience of System Architectural modelling with UML and SysML or similar and awareness of architecture description frameworks (e.g. MODAF). Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Ability to interact and influence a wide variety of stakeholders at a strategic level
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Systems Engineer teams:
Our broad range of Systems teams cover all aspects of the products design throughout its lifecycle implementing a variety of tool and techniques tailored to support the specialist requirements of our products. From Agile methodologies to a Model Based Approach to Systems Engineering we are keen in maintaining our role as a leader in the field of Defence engineering by investing in our people.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.