Senior Engineer - Mechanical
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Mechanical
Location: Barrow-in-Furness or Filton - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop design solutions to agreed time, cost and quality in accordance with project or business milestones
- Understand the contractual and performance requirements for various systems, and support the definition and associated acceptance criteria and events through design, build, integration, installation and commissioning activities
- Ensure compliance against contractual requirements and that work is undertaken in accordance with company, safety, environmental, contractual and local business processes, standards, procedures and documentation
- Undertake design reviews and presentations to customers
- Support the development of estimates for the scope of work and resources required to deliver it in order to support bids, proposal development and project planning activities for various systems
- Provide support to the Certificate of Design activities appropriate to the discipline and articulate and present complex technical argument clearly, logically and simply
Your skills and experiences:
- BEng (Hons)/MEng or equivalent in a relevant STEM degree actively progressing towards Chartered Engineer status
- Technical report writing skills
- Demonstrable understanding of the development of mechanical systems from functional requirements
- Demonstrable experience of the engineering lifecycle
- Some knowledge or experience specifying mechanical equipment and components
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Our Mechanical Engineering team:
You will be responsible for owning system design solutions, at whole system and equipment level. You will be expected to work with others to understand the solutions to problems and document the justification for how you have ended up at the final design. You will be pivotal in the development and analysis of mechanical systems.
You will be producing technical reports and team deliverables including estimates on how long a job may take. SSNR also provides an opportunity to shape how we will engineer in the future, so you will have an opportunity to influence key processes and ways of working.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.