BAE Systems UK
Location: Akrotiri and Dhekelia
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Marine Consultant
Location: Portsmouth with the requirement to be on site half of the working week. We do offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: Up to £57,810 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving our continued growth within the commercial maritime sector
- Support our clients to deliver their net zero carbon strategies through, amongst other consultancy services, guiding them with hybridisation and efficient operation of their marine vessels
- Providing defendable, strategic, and statutory advice to clients across the marine sector
- Supporting business development, marketing, and sales relevant to the market sector in by liaising with clients as well as building partnerships with other consulting and academic organisations
- Performing high quality and professional technical work involving considerable independence in approach, and a high degree of originality, ingenuity, and judgement
- Preparing, reviewing and submitting proposals/tenders as well as marketing material and methods relevant to the role
Your skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree (or MSc) in Mechanical, Marine or Naval Architecture or equivalent working experience
- Marine Engineering background with experience of machinery systems basic design and construction as an engineer in one or more of the following fields:
- Operation of ships
- Expert in specific ship systems
- Experience or involvement with Classification Society regulations, developing shipbuilding specifications and systems and equipment
- Experience in dealing with marine suppliers, shipyard management and marine sub-contractors
- Experience in the commercial maritime industry including some consultancy or sustainability work
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Marine Consultancy Team
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly growing Marine Consultancy team who are currently supporting commercial maritime clients to decarbonise their operations. The service is a continuous cycle of operational modelling, profiling, improvements and implementation leading towards Net Zero Carbon by 2050.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.