Air - Senior Contracts Officer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Air - Senior Contracts Officer
Location: Warton. We also offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: £42,760.00+ depending on skills and experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Preparing and drafting commercial bids and proposals
- Conducting and supporting contract negotiations with key internal/external customers
- Contracting administration and the preparation of data to support Senior Management Reviews
- Understanding Customer requirements
- Maintaining awareness of Governance processes and awareness of best commercial and governance practice
- Negotiating payment profiles and associated terms to meet the cash flow requirements of the business
- Interpreting contract requirements (including but not limited to terms and conditions)
- Supporting contract closure
Your skills and experiences:
- Currently operating within or has relevant commercial/operational/business experience – Mainly within Contract management / Terms and Conditions
- IT Literate with a good knowledge of Word, Excel and other MS Office packages
- Excellent Customer focus/ relationship management skills
- Ideally educated to a relevant degree standard e.g. Law, Business, Engineering
- Experience or ability to prepare and draft bids and proposals
- Experience of negotiations with key customers and is able to understand customer requirements
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Air Commercial team:
A number of exciting opportunities have arisen within Air Commercial Function. We currently have vacancies for a Senior Contracts Officer within the Contracts discipline of the Commercial Function.
As a Senior Contracts Officer, you will be involved in ensuring that proposals to BAE Systems’ customers are priced, developed and approved in an acceptable manner and to submit the associated offers. As well as negotiating, agreeing and supporting contracts that provides a commercial framework within which BAE Systems can deliver world class capabilities to customers while minimising risk and maximising shareholder value.
The senior contracts officer will be lead on a variety of contracts, supporting graduates and apprentice team members with their development. They will lead more on the activities working on the front end – bid work, stakeholder engagement, collaboration with other companies and functions within BAE systems.
These are unique opportunities to gain knowledge and understanding of the wider UK and overseas business. These challenging and dynamic roles will enable personal and career development in a wide variety of transferable skills, and provide exposure to senior personnel across BAE Systems both UK and Overseas.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.