Engineer - Product Governance (Safety)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Engineer - Product Goverance (Safety)
Location: Barrow - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in the production of governance documentation for the Submarines Product Safety Management System.
- Ensure that BAE Systems' Corporate Product Safety policy and objectives are flowed into the Submarines business unit through the production and maintenance of documentation such as policies and procedures.
- Interface with other business functions where required to assist their deployment of Product Safety objectives.
- Assist the Submarines Programmes with hazard management activities.
- Provide admin support to appropriate meetings and Working Groups such as taking minutes, following up actions etc.
Your skills and experiences:
- Knowledge of Safety Management Systems
- Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) Degree or equivalent or working towards.
- Understanding of Safety Management Systems within Marine platforms.
- Understanding of the design, manufacturing, assembly, commissioning and testing submarine lifecycle phases.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Product Safety Engineer team:
The Engineer – Product Safety (Governance) shall provide support to the Senior Engineering Manager as well as other Safety Teams (governance, operations, supply chain) and interfacing with the wider programme in order to ensure that the required level of Product Safety management is delivered in our products and services throughout all phases of the product lifecycle.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation