Principal Engineering Manager - Site Engineering Authority (DDC)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Principal Engineering Manager - Site Engineering Authority (DDC)
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Acting as independent Engineering Authority ensuring allocated facility/asset design is fit for purpose and meets legal, regulatory, contractual, environmental, as well as technical requirements and business standards for integrity and safety with authority for approving any modification to the design
- Creating through life asset management plans defining fit for purpose maintenance strategies & prioritised investment demands in alignment with the site strategic objectives to ensure the assets can meet the current & future needs of the business
- Producing and approving engineering functional requirements, accept design solutions, maintain engineering oversight, validate engineering integrity, protect & maintain engineering baseline for projects on assets in allocated area
- Producing and maintaining design substantiation reports for assets, facilities and structures that have a nuclear safety function to primarily demonstrate compliance with the Safety Functional Requirements defined within the Site Safety Case and supporting Safety Case documents and compliance with the Nuclear Site Safety Principles.
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree qualified in a core engineering discipline or equivalent demonstrable Engineering leadership experience
- Broad engineering background with good understanding of key legal obligations for managing facilities & assets in a highly regulated industry eg. Nuclear
- Demonstrable experience of developing asset strategies to drive improved asset performance
- Good understanding of working under a Nuclear Site Licence and managing design substantiation activities
- Experience of ISO 55000 Asset management framework
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The DDC Engineering Manager Role:
The DDC Engineering Manager is one of 3 Engineering Managers reporting to the Head of Site Engineering. They lead a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver the role of Engineering Authority ensuring the assets within the area of responsibility are safe, legal and compliant as well as acting as the Asset Manager developing the strategies to ensure that the assets are managed effectively to meet current and future operational demands
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.