BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Integration Engineer
Location: Hillend - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understanding and interpreting customer requirements.
- Creating high level and detailed system designs
- Working within Agile, Scrum methodologies
- Performing technical studies & producing associated reports with recommendations
- Developing options for potential solutions
- Producing technical documentation
- Evolving existing ideas and providing innovative solutions
- System Integration, through life support and test activities (functional and environmental)
- Peer reviewing of tasks and testing of infrastructure
Your skills and experiences:
- Proven track record of installation delivery and support experience within customers operational environments
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems
- Development using CI/CD pipelines & tools
- Flexible compute such as AWS, Azure, Google, Nutanix, VMware etc
- Understanding of Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto & Fortinet networking devices
- ITIL 4
- Cisco certified network associate (CCNA)
- CompTIA (A+, Cloud+, Security+)
- Microsoft certified solutions associate/expert (MCSA/MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- VCP - VMware Certified Professional
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Digital Intelligence team:
Customers increasingly demand information and technology solutions delivering advantage, communications, planning, operations and cyber protection. C5ISR within Digital Intelligence is where we design and build cutting edge IT solutions for incorporation into products and services.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.