Project Management - Associate
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Air - I.T. Project Management - Associate
Location: Warton or Samlesbury. Hybrid/flexible working available
Salary: £42,759 +
What you’ll be doing:
- Planning, delivery and financial management of IM&T enabled projects within the IM&T function
- Managing complex individual IM&T projects, programmes and workstreams.
- Producing business cases, business needs responses, project communications and operational readiness reviews as required.
- Matrix management of project resources.
- Adhering to the risk management process and contributing to local risk reviews as appropriate.
- Providing suppliers with clear requirements and managing conflicting priorities within the portfolio.
- Supporting the Business Need process, managing consumer expectations, providing advice and guidance on planning, costs, resources and budget as required.
- Selection of project resources – both permanent and contract - as business requirements and funding dictate
- Effective supplier relationship management and partnership working where projects are delivered jointly, or project delivery is outsourced.
- Ensure that entire project lifecycle delivery is performed in accordance with agreed standards and contribute to the continuous improvement of working practices.
- Ensure appropriate governance is in place for all projects so that accountabilities and responsibilities are clear.
- Personally manage and deliver IM&T projects/programmes/work streams as required.
Your skills and experiences:
- Demonstrable experience in I.T project / programme management
- Previous experience of successful deployment of complex IT solutions
- A recognised Project Management qualification APM, PMI PRINCE 2
- Experience of budget management
- Stakeholder management experience at all levels
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Would you like to play a key role in the delivery of complex IM&T solutions? We currently have a vacancy for an IT Project Manager – Associate at our Warton site. As an IT Project Manager – Associate, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of IM&T enabled solutions of varying complexity, working closely with the Air Sector functions to identify and shape future IT needs.
Within this growing function you will have great opportunities to progress while working on cutting edge technologies in supporting the development of the next generation fast jet aircraft.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work in a high-profile area, offering the opportunity to influence and cultivate the way we work. You will work with the range between a small number of large projects (that last for 2-3 years), and the large amount of small projects (that last for ~6 months) so you will be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to interface at varying levels of the business. You be a forward thinking and proactive worker, able to plan and prioritise workloads and work under pressure.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.