DevOps Systems Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
DevOps – Linux Systems Engineer
Location: Frimley. This role will require full time attendance on site
What you’ll be doing:
The DevOps Linux Systems Engineer will be expected to contribute to the following:
- Working in an Agile team using SCRUM/KANBAN running, maintaining and developing a private cloud (VMware) environment used by our in-house development team
- Recent enhancement project to expand current capabilities
- Design documentation in preparation for upcoming implementations/projects
- Sharing knowledge with other team members
Your skills and experiences:
- Maintenance and management of Linux systems (RHEL/ESXi)
- Understanding and experience of CI/CD toolchains and technologies
- Experience of developing, testing and deploying IT solutions into a production environment
- Experience of Infrastructure As Code (IAC) eg: Ansible, Packer. Scripting (Bash, Python)
- Experience of Kubernetes administration/architecture and experience of working in air gapped/secure defence environments
- Any networking skills a plus e.g: software-defined networking (SDN)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
As part of the SDDC (Software Defined Data Centre) team you will be joining a devoted IT team who provide our internal software developers with the tools and technologies required to deliver their business commitments.
The work you will undertake will be part of a larger programme to provide mission critical environments on board submarines. Working on up-to-date technologies, the team will be in a position to bring new ideas and technologies into the environment. We have plans to extend these technologies currently and your valued input will be required.
To be successful in this role, You will be highly organised, have good communication and team working skills.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.