BAE Systems UK
Location: Akrotiri and Dhekelia
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Electrical Fitter
Location: Portsmouth - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Reading/Interpreting Electrical Drawings, MDS and Guidance information.
- Carrying out Electrical Testing on 12v, 24v, 110v, 240v & 440v systems.
- Executing various crimping techniques.
- Terminating multiple types of cable.
- Carrying out electrical installation, maintenance and defect rectification in accordance with the project schedules to meet customer quality expectations.
- Installation, testing and maintenance of communications equipment such as VHF radios, Intercom, GPS and AIS
- Fault diagnosis and defect rectification
- Carrying out detailed inspections and be fully conversant in the use of all measuring equipment’s
- Using of calibrating measurement equipment.
Your skills and experiences:
Have completed an appropriate trade apprenticeship or naval equivalent qualifications.
Good understanding of safe systems of work including electrical work, confined spaces & working at height
Marine or offshore experience with a deep understanding of electrical work.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Maritime team:
Working alongside 40 electrical fitters & 30 apprentices within a supportive and dynamic team. You will be providing support to the Royal Navy Warship fleet through upgrades, maintenance and support periods. There is the potential for national and international travel in line with the role demands. This position provides progression opportunities within the role and the wider business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.