BAE Systems UK
Location: Akrotiri and Dhekelia
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Laminator
Location: Portsmouth - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure all tools and equipment that are used are suitable, fit for purpose and in date for any inspection required.
- Structural upgrades and repairs to composite vessels.
- Mentoring and coaching apprentices.
- Work to be undertaken to all risk assessments and BAE polices to ensure safe working.
- Attend all training courses, Tool Box Talk and company briefings.
- Ensure all tools and equipment being used are suitable and certification in date for any inspection required.
- Complete works as allocated by team leader to time, quality and safety.
- Report all accidents, incidents and near misses using the point of work (SLAM) process.
Your skills and experiences:
- Experienced in Composite Materials/techniques.
- Experienced in Wet lay-up Materials/techniques, using polyester and epoxy resins.
- Experienced in Hull and Deck structural repairs.
- Experienced in GRP Hand Lay up using different cloths / materials.
- Experienced in Grinders, Sanders and Diamond cutting equipment
- Interpreting technical drawings.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Laminating team:
You will be working in a dynamic and supportive team with over 50 laminators and apprentices. You will play a key role in supporting customer requirements to ensure Royal Navy vessels are safely returned to active duty. This role provides development opportunities from Technician to Subject Matter Expert along with opportunities within wider business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.