Air - Business Support Officer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Air - Business Support Officer
Location: RAF Lossiemouth, Morayshire, Scotland; role will be based on site.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing full secretarial support to the General Manager at RAF Lossiemouth and his Senior Management Team
- Act as a Business Continuity Management Practitioner at RAF Lossiemouth
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly collation of information and data packs and manage the BAE Systems conference room bookings
- Manage travel bookings and the safe and efficient local operation of the Corporate Air Travel internal flight including passenger interaction queries, schedule changes and delays impacting on passengers at RAF Lossiemouth
- Provide CPC (Coupa) Procurement support to TyTAN UK service personnel at Lossiemouth including ordering office, engineering & facility supplies, specialist furniture and equipment
- Provide support to all facets of Business Operations team and support the site security lead in administering security access equipment and passes as required
Your skills and experiences:
- Previous experience within an Administration role
- Experience of minute production and data manipulation
- Familiarity and a sound working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Previous exposure to MOD / Defence industry is desirable
- Business Continuity Management and Incident Management trained
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
As a Business Support Officer, you will report to the Head of TyTAN UK Service and General Manager RAF Lossiemouth, as well as the Business Operations Manager.
This is a very broad role and you will be engaging with customers and colleagues on a daily basis and will meet a wide spectrum of people, including company employees, contractors, RAF personnel and MOD Civil Servants. Along with providing secretarial support to the General Manager, you may also be required to provide administration support to the wider TyTAN teams based at RAF Lossiemouth.Providing guidance and support for both the Business Continuity Management personnel and the Incident Management team based at RAF Lossiemouth is a key aspect of this role.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a high paced role alongside a diverse and highly motivated skilled team. The position would suit someone who is proactive and capable of independently managing and prioritising tasks.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Please note we reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.