BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Process Engineer
Location: Glascoed, near Newport – South Wales
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing new manufacturing processes, in line with Engineering Plans and Budgets
- Ensuing that manufacturing processes comply with industry standard controls that ensure long term process stability, including: Lean Principles, Process Control Plans, PFMEAs; plus, awareness of Programmable Logic Controls and Visual Management Systems on automated process lines
- Specifying and qualifying new equipment, working with suppliers to meet tight deadlines, and ensuring all process equipment meets regulatory and safety standards
- Coordinating development activities to establish supporting data that ensures the manufacturing processes are based on a sound understanding of the materials which are being processed and the technology adopted for the plant and equipment
- Coordinating and managing a project data file capturing process and design information; to include, trials data, process definition (including drawings and specifications), certification and safety data
- Working with other engineering personnel and functions to develop a network of capable suppliers to satisfy the business needs
- Leading and supporting project activities, to include process reviews, capability studies, and Safe Systems of Work
- Presenting to line management and other stakeholders on topics relating to process status within development or production, e.g., KPIs
- Keeping informed of general manufacturing technologies and assist in the development of future technology plans to support the Company objectives
Your skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent BTEC (HNC/HND) qualification in a technically based discipline (mechanical/manufacturing/chemical or equivalent) supported by complementary experience
- Previous experience of manufacturing processes and material processing
- IOSH Managing Safety / NEBOSH Certificate
- Experience of working in a high hazard environment
- Awareness of automated controls on process lines
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Tank, Artillery & Mortars Team and Land UK:
BAE Systems Land UK collects a unique combination of experience, knowledge, tools, and processes to deliver world-class products and next generation systems technology. We have a proven track record in supporting military forces in operational environments, providing ammunition solutions to markets around the world.
A challenging opportunity has arisen a Process Engineer working within a multi-disciplined team involved in the design, manufacture, and support of new products. The role is responsible for the development of manufacturing processes from concept through to commissioning and qualification. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a proven capability in developing manufacturing processes including system integration. The successful applicant will be the first point of contact for process queries within the team.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.