Air -Senior Structures Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Location: South Ayrshire Council
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Air - Senior Structures Engineer
Location: Prestwick. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements.
Salary: £35,200 plus per annum (dependant on skills & experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- Defining, agreeing and carrying out engineering tasks such as aircraft structural analysis, strength and durability assessments and/or systems installation provisions etc. and ensuring that the most efficient engineering methods available and being applied for yourself and Structure Engineers within your team
- Ensuring the technical content of your own and your Structure Engineers work, including deliverables are to the right level of standards (regulatory and/or departmental etc.)
- Discharging tasks to cost and on time to meet project requirements and business needs
- Ensuring effective interactions with colleagues, customers, and other stakeholders are being met
- Leading efficient and effective suggestions for Continuous Improvement to aid the development of structural engineering toolsets and processes within the Structural Engineering discipline capability development framework
Your skills and experiences:
- You should either hold degree or a HND in a STEM subject or equivalent professional qualifications
- You should have proven relevant experience working within an Airframe and/or structural engineering related discipline, including experience and/or knowledge of aircraft structural analysis processes and methods, knowledge of classical hand calculation methods and computer based Finite Element Analysis procedures for strength and durability assessments.
- You should have proven experience of using Microsoft tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- You should have excellent internal and external Stakeholder engagement skills
- You should be professionally accredited, or working towards accreditation, by a recognized engineering institution.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Air Project Deployed Structures teams:
Structures Engineers at the Prestwick site operate within project teams tasked with airframe design, development and support activities across US Programmes, legacy regional aircraft (RA) and Chief Operating Officer (COO) Lines of Business.
There are a range of exciting Senior Structures Engineer roles, working in multidisciplinary airframe teams, and depending on your skills, experience and capabilities, you will be deployed within one of the following areas;
- US Programmes, where you will support the structural engineering activities necessary to support the manufacturing build line, enabling delivery of BAE Systems airframe modules to the prime contractor. You will also be engaged in continuous and ongoing improvement and effectiveness initiatives targeted at maximising product effectiveness and affordability.
- Regional Aircraft, where you will undertake structural engineering activities in support of operators using BAE Systems legacy Regional Aircraft fleets, including modifications and airframe role change. You will contribute your skills, knowledge and experience to developing solutions and maintaining on-going airworthiness.
You will develop and agree your own and your teams work plans with your discipline and project delivery leads, contribute your knowledge and experience to help the team make effective decisions, and be passionate and proactive in the development and deployment of discipline capabilities.
You will also engage with key internal and external stakeholders and customer technical specialists when required.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.