BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Ancillary
What you’ll be doing:
- Slinging / Lifting / Fleeting
- Operating tower cranes, overhead cranes, forklift trucks and cherry pickers
- Moving equipment around site and into compartments on the ship
- Liaising with multiple onsite contractors and partners
- Assisting supervisors / appointed persons / Lifting Manager with lifting activities
- General upkeep of the ship and shipyard facilities
- Cleaning of compartments and machinery spaces for final inspection
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness throughout the ship in line with H&S policies
- Adhering to Health and Safety and other requirements relating to the care of machinery
Your skills and experiences:
- Experienced in at least one of the following: operation of tower cranes, overhead cranes, forklift trucks and cherry pickers
- Understanding of SHE risks awareness
- Working knowledge of transport and equipment processes
- Experience of Slinging/Lifting/Fleeting preferred
- Knowledge and Experience of varied lifting operations
- Awareness of lift plan process
- HGV License Preferred
- Mobile Appointed Persons certificate
- Mobile crane driver certificate
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Ancillary team:
As a member of our Ancillary team, you will carry out a variety of activities to cover the transportation and movement of materials and equipment around the site. These roles will also be involved in maintaining high standards of cleanliness and will play a key role in aiding the wider operations team to ensure the smooth running of processes, both in the yard and onboard ship.
This is an exciting time to join a business that is expanding and transforming, to operate in a new, innovative, and competitive environment.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.