BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Appointed Person – Slinger
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring Risk Assessment, Complex Lift and Intermediate Lift Plans are followed and prepared
- Prepare drawings as part of the lift plan
- Able to read and understand drawing
- To complete an AP referral form when booking cranes and attach the relevant lifting information
- To consult with the relevant Engineers and Design authority as required for the lifting operation
- To identify suitable lifting equipment and accessories
- To provide instruction and supervision to the task in hand
- Maybe required to undertake other duties that involve the lifting operation
- To attend all relevant meetings as required by the Team Leader
- 100% PPE Compliance is met
- Ensuring the work environment is clean and kept safe
- Ensure all operations are conducted in a safe manner reporting any incidents or accidents promptly on discovery
- Have an understanding of the following: LOLER, PUWER, and British standards 7121 parts 1 and 3
Your skills and experiences:
- Must hold one of the following certification from approved training provider, Ideally NPORS or CPCS Card for an AP and slinging
- NVQ 5 or equivalent qualifications or experience
- Understanding the difference between complex and intermediate lifts
- Knowledge of crane hand signals IAW BS 7121
- Experience of general lifting operations using various lifting equipment within a maritime and facilities environment, conducting fleeting operations using various capacity chain blocks
- A specific understanding of lifting operations using various crane types and mechanical handling equipment
- Basic literacy, numeracy and MS Office skills
- Experience in lifting operations in a Maritime environment
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The AP Slinger team:
As an AP Slinger you will be responsible for writing all intermediate and complex lifting plans, have to prepare them and ensure that risk assessments are in place, prep drawings to scale for the lifts, read and understand and interpret drawings, consult with engineers on designs, engineering and design services team.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.