Principal Engineer - International Navy Support
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Principal Engineer - International Navy Support
Location: Portsmouth, BroadOak (Hybrid 3 days in office)
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: Up to £47,250 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing independent technical assurance and authoritative guidance to the Engineering Managers / Engineers tasked in the delivery of Post Design type services and Capability Upgrades related to International Navy Support projects
- Supporting through subject expertise approach and standards, the generation and development of technical information and design in adherence to the Engineering Lifecycle, providing technical direction, assurance, and governance
- Defining the qualification obligations for the assurance hold points during build, test & commissioning, and provides assurance to the Engineering Authority as to the adequacy and robustness of the Safety Case and supporting documentation
- Undertaking technical reviews, verification and approval of engineering technical documentation and design to confirm all business, legislative and customer requirements have been met
- Providing technical direction to engineers to ensure that teams are skilled, trained, and competent, such that the Engineering capability demands are met
- Assisting in the production of estimates through engagement with the Customer, other BAE Systems business Units and OEMs, and supports the governance of bids through Technical Bid Reviews
- Supporting the wider business development through liaison with both internal and external stakeholders as required ensuring that their requirements are adequately supported and their needs are fully considered and incorporated where appropriate and agreed
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of engineering design within a Naval environment
- Either Mech, Elec or Combat Systems knowledge. (I.e. Thales / Babcock, Ultra, Rools Royce, GE,
- Professional registration – preferably CEng or within 12 months of attainment
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The International Navy Support team:
As part of the International Navy support team – (and part of wider warship support business) you will be dealing with large scale international contracts. It’s an exciting time to join the team as we are currently bidding for a variety of new opportunities in new territory i.e. Bahrain, Qatar, Oman – whilst continuing to deliver other contracts.
The International Naval Support Team deal with mainly targeted classes – ranging from small to mid size vessels.
In this team there is a really strong track record of professional development with support in achieving IEng or CEng accreditation. You will be exposed to various opportunities to gain experience in working across different divisions and roles elsewhere in the wider warship support domain.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.