Junior Project Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Junior Project Manager
Location: Preston, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Circa £31,000, pending experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Adhere to regulatory processes and procedures relevant to the project. May include BAE Systems Project Management methodology, life cycle management and
- Manage the delivery of the project to time cost and schedule in accordance with business success criteria and customer satisfaction
- Manage the delivery of low complexity projects or a work package within a larger project
- Typically managing a single supplier
- Identify and manage project level risks, issues, opportunities
- Prepare and manage realistic project plans
- Track project changes
- Project reporting as required by the project assurance framework, PPM, customers, and stakeholders
- Monitor costs and resources against agreed budgets
- Identify and record lessons learned
Your skills and experiences:
- Awareness of Project Management operational working practices or supported a Project Manager in project delivery
- Awareness of project lifecycle management
- Awareness of collaboration and cross functional working
- Some formal Project Management training, preferably PRINCE2 Foundation level and/or PMDY Fundamentals.
- Familiarity with computer-based Project Management tools including MS Projects MSOffice etc
- Awareness of regulatory frame works
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Enterprise IT team:
The Enterprise IT team delivery a variety of IT projects. The successful candidate will join a small team responsible for delivering multiple concurrent, small scale IT projects for internal customers across BAE Systems. The team follow a lean project lifecycle to take these projects from project initiation through to completion which can vary in duration from six weeks through to six months (plus) depending on scope.
This position will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and advance your career within Project Management.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.