Air - Contracts Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Air - Contracts Manager
Location: Warton - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £54,700- £60,000 Dependant on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Drafting and negotiating complex terms and conditions and associated agreements with customers ensuring the interests of BAE Systems are protected
- Playing a major role in winning new business, negotiate contract change and management of commercial claims
- Provide flow down of commercial contract requirements into the business
- Ensure that the business's financial and commercial exposures are addressed through appropriate commercial contract frameworks such as export controls, export finance, product safety (including insurance) and intellectual property rights
- Develop and manage an effective, diverse and inclusive functional team
- Occasional UK/overseas travel
Your skills and experiences:
- Extensive knowledge and experience within a Contract or Supplier Management role
- An appreciation of the business market and domain knowledge relating to the commercial solution
- Experience and ability to commercially lead different types of Bids/programmes
- Excellent relationship management, influencing and organisational skills to manage challenging internal and external customer and supplier relationships.
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Air Commercial team:
As part of our Air Commercial team, you could be working at the edge of what is technologically possible, shaping the future to ensure our customers are ready to face challenges we cannot even imagine today. You could be developing and evolving the technologies that will defend the UK for generations to come and supporting our customers around the globe.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.