BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Systems Engineer – Graduate Entry
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Co-operative engagement in teams to understand our customers’ needs, specify, design and develop unique systems using best practice, such as Model Based Systems Engineering
- Integration, analysis and test of real time systems with leading edge technology and multiple technical disciplines such as electronic, mechanical, optical and software
- Taking responsibility for your work, understanding deadlines, accurately reporting progress, whilst spontaneously sharing knowledge, feedback and ideas
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a Scientific/Engineering subject (e.g. Systems, Electronic or Software Engineering, Physics, Mathematics) ideally 2.2 above/ Will consider 2023 graduates to start once qualified
- An analytical approach to understanding and solving new dilemmas
- Effective collaboration and communication skills
- Experience of developing theoretical electronic and/or software-based designs or control systems, including design analysis, modelling or simulation (possibly using tools such as Matlab or Simulink) – any language / control systems
- Practical experience of integrating and testing software and/or electronic hardware in the laboratory – should be covered in Degree
- Practical experience of integrating and testing software and/or electronic hardware in the laboratory
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Electronic System team:
As a member of the team in one of the world's leading defence, security and aerospace companies, you will be part of the development and supply of state-of-the-art products across a diverse range of commercial and military platforms; Head Up and Head Worn Displays, Safety Critical Pilot Control and Flight Control Systems.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation