Senior Mechanical Engineer –HVAC and Chilled Water
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer – HVAC & Chilled Water
Salary: Up to £46,420 depending on qualifications and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Carry out relatively complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability
- Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team
- Act as a point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters, to resolve relatively complex problems and issues and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives
- Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
- Participate fully in developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need
Your skills and experiences:
- Extensive experience in HVAC / complex auxiliary systems engineering or a defence related industry
- Experience in a mechanical/marine engineering environment
- Able to perform analysis using recognised analytical tools and to make sound judgements
- Able to take ownership of scope and responsibilities and drive through to conclusion
- Flexible in response to change with good time and scheduling management
- Experience in chilled water systems
- Good understanding of project / product Life Cycle Management in a marine / engineering environment
- Awareness of external market and ability to work within a small team
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Mechanical Engineering team:
Development of the ship design and and support to build during setting to work and comissioning.
Applies specialist design knowledge in mechanical aspects of all Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and chilled water systems in order to resolve complex specialist design problems and issues.
Will assist with the development of HVAC systems, providing design input to the subcontractor and assurance that the architecture and detailed design are fit for purpose, ensuring technical viability and safe operation of specific auxiliary systems that the individual is responsible for.
Support the Principal engineer as the specialist point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters, to resolve problems and issues and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives.
Will assist in the development of SQEP within the HVAC sub-discipline
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation