Team Leader - Welding
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Team Leader – Welding
Location: Barrow. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining a safe and inclusive working environment that ensures housekeeping and behaviours are of a consistent high standard to safeguard the health and safety of the team and any other employee visiting or working within their designated area at all times during their shift
- Represent the company through effective and regular communication, guidance and coaching with the team (including targets, progress, outcomes and consequence) to ensure their engagement in the business direction and outcomes
- Building and developing a highly motivated and effective team that is clear on its daily/weekly requirements and can deliver on commitments whilst working in line with company processes, systems and policies
- Performance management of the team to ensure all employees are effectively recognised, motivated and engaged in the delivery of their work
- Champion the development of the team and self through commitment to continuous professional development, ensuring positive apprentice experience, supporting the selection and development of journeymen, coaching and guiding new and temporary team leaders and supporting future career aspirations of team
- You’ll also have people manager responsibilities in this role
Your skills and experiences:
- Time Served Welder
- Real time planning of work in the active window of the production system and the effective allocation of tasks across the team based on skills and resource capacity
- Drive and manage the team to execute the plan and ensure work is progressed effectively and efficiently in line with Cost and Quality specifications
- Carry out real time problem solving to overcome issues as they develop and work in line with the defined issue management / escalation process and Ensure accurate and timely recording of work performed against each task, work order or activity
- Nuclear Build Experience
- Working to controlled documents
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Steelwork team:
The team is made up of several trade team leaders & a operations leader who are responsible for the construction of the PWR3 (pressurised water reactor 3) plant in the DDH (Devonshire Dock Hall). The trades primarily involved are Steelwork, Welding & mechanical fitters. The area is highly regulated due to the nuclear nature of the product & work standards are kept to an exceptional level.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.