Senior Commercial Officer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Commercial Officer
Location: Christchurch. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Preparing Bid and Contract materials
- Reviewing and obtaining authorisation to agree contract terms and conditions
- Developing and presenting business review materials
- Contributing to development of business, proposal and contract models
- Commercial review of all plans, estimates and artefacts and to ensure compliance
- Engaging with central functions to address specific compliance issues (Legal, Tax, Offset etc)
- Supporting Supply chain through proper flow of contractual obligations
- Negotiating contracts and solutions ensuring compliance with business requirements
- Generating and finalising contractual documents using corporate standards
- Working within DOA and area of responsibility and using established and standard procedures and frameworks
Your skills and experiences:
- Broad professional knowledge of Commercial principles, techniques and practices and their application and understanding of the Commercial role in organisations
- Good understanding of contract terms, contractual and legal frameworks with the ability to identify key contractual risks
- Good understanding of Commercial interaction with customer support, finance, legal, procurement, project/programme management, engineering, business development, sales etc
- An understanding of the defence sector and the associated communications landscape with some awareness of international competitors and partners
What we are looking for in you:
- Good communication, presentation and influencing skills
- A problem-solving attitude and the ability to balance differing priorities creatively
- An ability to work independently, using your initiative to influence stakeholders
- Attention to detail
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Our Digital Intelligence Business:
From keeping soldiers, sailors and pilots safe to helping countries prosper, from developing the next generation of multi domain digital products and capabilities to investing in the next generation of super-smart talent – at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we work together to give our customers an essential edge in protecting the things that really matter. Lives, livelihoods, ways of life.
As part of our Digital Intelligence team, you could be working at the edge of what is technologically possible, shaping the future to ensure our customers are ready to face challenges we cannot even imagine today. You could be developing and evolving the technologies that will defend the UK for generations to come and supporting our customers around the globe.
Join us and you’ll be encouraged and rewarded to excel in this important work. Apply your talent where it counts.
Customers increasingly demand information and technology solutions delivering advantage, communications, planning, operations, and cyber protection. C5ISR within Digital Intelligence is where we design and build cutting edge IT solutions for incorporation into products and services.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”