Air - Engineering Manager – T%26E Simulation
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: AIR – Engineering Manager T&E Simulation
Location: Warton. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: £42,900 - £62,900 – dependant on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Good understanding and experience of the overall business enterprise operation involved in prosecuting the design, build, testing and use of Simulator products and services.
- Contribute to development and delivery of engineering and recognise the mix of skills needed i.e. software, hardware, visuals, modelling etc.
- Effective leadership and integration of large programme delivery operations.
- Management of SHE and Quality plans, cost base (IBP), delivery of a diverse portfolio of task/requirements, supporting your team and the development of capability.
- Able to work as part of the Test & Evaluation management team to ensure cohesive, effective, and affordable solutions are delivered to the various BAE SYSTEMS Projects and Contracts.
- Help to transform Test and Evaluation supporting the engineering transformation to provide a digital approach to qualification and reduce the certification and the costly fix cycle.
- You’ll also have people manager responsibilities in this role.
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Maths or Physics and/or experience leading an engineering team.
- Ability to use your own initiative and act independently as required – requirements and tasks are often fluid in nature and it is essential that you are comfortable and able to thrive in this type of environment.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards.
- Motivation and leadership of a complex Engineering team and projects.
- Strong and effective team leadership across the organisation to achieve operational programme delivery targets and enable transformation of engineering capabilities aligned to requirements of projected IBP.
- Effective communication and influencing skills with team, internal (Chief Engineers, Functional Directors & Contract Delivery Directors) & external (eg MoD, 3rd party) customers, and / or partner stakeholders. Confidence in presenting information to a wide variety of stakeholders.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Engineering team:
As the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the shaping of customer requirements and the development and delivery of simulator products & services at a platform and sub system level. In this role you will be directly responsibility for IBP and cost base within the Simulation operation and having the ability and accountability to deliver the IBP through both cost base achievement, and delivery performance on existing contracts as well as solution development for new contracts.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.