Process Leader - Energetic Materials Disposal
BAE Systems UK
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Process Leader – Energetic Material Disposal
Location: Radway Green- Crewe
What you’ll be doing:
- Efficiently operating disposal processes to eliminate backlog of explosive waste materials.
- Overall responsibility for the safety of employees working within the burning ground.
- Implementing the SHE policy, legislation and safe systems of work, taking particular account of the additional hazards in an explosives environment.
- Delivering Safety KPI’s including safety incidents reporting, safety training, work place Inspections, etc.
- Direct responsibility for all team members including for training, development, discipline, etc
- Ensuring the management of stock levels of materials required to be disposed of including fuses and ignitor cord.
- Ensuring that the burning ground is managed in a cost effective and efficient way.
- Supporting and implementing Continuous Improvement activities utilising lean tools & problem solving techniques to drive process improvement.
Your skills and experiences:
- Time Served Apprentice
- Computer literate
- Qualified in NEBOSH/IOSH and/or Environmental Managing Safety (or willing to work towards).
- Experience of working with and handling explosive or explosive articles (knowledge of explosive regulations 2014, knowledge of the CBI explosive disposal guidance)
- First Line Management qualification (or willing to work towards)
- Experience using SAP and Success Factors will be useful although not essential
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Land UK and the Manufacturing team:
BAE Systems Land UK collects together a unique combination of experience, knowledge, tools and processes to deliver world-class products and next generation systems technology. We have a proven track record in supporting military forces in operational environments, providing ammunition solutions to markets around the world.
As a Burning Ground Process Leader at our site in Radway Green, Crewe, you will have overall responsibility for the day to day running and optimisation of the burning ground, focusing on safety, quality, cost, delivery and people (SQCDP). This role encompasses working across the business, liaising with fellow Process Leaders, Safety Department, Stores and Engineering.
You will get the opportunity to work in our new factory, which is a modern, purpose-built facility for the dedicated semi-automated production of small arms ammunition.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation