Product Environmental Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title:Product Environmental Engineer
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire – Bristol, Filton, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £53,000 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing the environmental management system on behalf of our customers
- Managing legislation register as required
- Managing clearance for use of substances and equipment into the project lifecycle
- Managing use and report on any Hazardous Materials
- Reviewing design change and their potential environmental impacts
- Chairing Environmental Working Groups and environmental committees on behalf of our internal and external customers
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience in an Engineering background or similar
- Degree qualified in Environmental Management or equivalent working experience
- A sound understanding of heavy regulated industries with experience in a commercial environment
- Practitioner Member of suitable Environmental professional body i.e., IEMA
- Understanding of the Defence industry
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Product Environmental team within Engineering and Energy Services:
This role sits within Product Environmental for Engineering and Energy Services. You will be joining a medium sized team with Safety and Environmental Subject matter experts providing Safety and environmental assessments and Assurance to internal and external customers.
This role will provide you with an opportunity to join the newly established Engineering and Energy Services Group, which has been created with the strategy of increasing the company capability of service to our current defence customers and to win new work in external markets. You will therefore be working on new products to bring to the market to support the global strategy of achieving Net Zero targets alongside a consultancy offering to support businesses in Engineering and Energy markets.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.