Datalinks Software Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: New Malden. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £59,000 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Design software to ensure that the overall system will behave according to its requirements in large & complex components
- Write high quality software according to coding standards and maintain existing software by investigating issues and identifying solutions
- Write software test schedules and use them to test the system
- Clearly document appropriate information, so that others can understand the software and the system
- Fully contribute to process improvement within the team to ensure that the team always looks to improve how it works
- Liaise with other team members, teams and customers to ensure key information is understood
Your skills and experiences:
- Possess good knowledge in a number of the following software engineering disciplines:
- Software Design using RUP/UML and producing low level design artefacts
- Coding standards, Programming: ADA, C++
- Formatting language: XML
- Software Integration & testing
- Configuration Management, VMWare
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Combat Systems team:
The Combat Systems team upgrade systems software for development in the datalinks area. Combat management systems software and Multi project, multi-platform product.
The purpose of the role is to undertake a range of software development activities in line with relevant processes, under the direction of experienced engineers within the datalinks team. The role will be primarily working on Link 16 enhancements under the MML Phase 2C programme.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.