BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: ILS Lead
Location: Christchurch. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £48,925 - £52700 dependant on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Analysing and allocating specification requirements
- Writing specifications
- Reliability analysis and prediction
- Maintainability analysis and prediction
- Planning and running maintainability/testability demonstrations – including generation of plans & reports
- Preparation of Logistic Information Repository (LIR) / Logistic Support Analysis Record (LSAR)
- Preparation of ILS plans, analysis reports and associated documentation
- Preparation of ILS bid documentation
- Level of Repair Analysis (LoRA)
- Spares and repairs modelling
- You’ll also have people manager responsibilities in this role.
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience undertaking Reliability & Maintainability analysis and prediction (RM&T) and planning and running maintainability & testability demonstrations
- Preparation of Logistic Information Repository (LIR) and Logistic Support Analysis Record (LSAR) and Level of Repair Analysis (LoRA) and Production or support in preparing ILS documentation and Technical Publications
- Use of engineering methodologies, tools and processes, Spares and Repairs modelling
- Familiarisation of commercial IT, including servers, networking appliances and infrastructure equipment and hardware integrating & ruggedisation into Land Platforms and Export Control and ITAR
- CAD experience / familiarity
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
You will be part of a wider project team delivering and sustaining the FALCON battlefield communications capability, while participating in campaign work to secure similar future programmes of work. In performing the ILS and Hardware Lead role, you will take ownership of the Reliability and Maintainability analysis, predictions and planning around spares and repairs, while also being involved in the overall physical and environmental compliance of the solution, while meeting relevant mandates and statutory requirements.
Customers increasingly demand information and technology solutions delivering advantage, communications, planning, operations, and cyber protection. C5ISR within Digital Intelligence is where we design and build cutting edge IT solutions for incorporation into products and services.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.