IT - Engineering Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Engineering Manager – Bidding
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £77,500
What you’ll be doing:
- Input into Bid planning activities
- Managing bid resource to support delivery of engineering commitments
- Ensuring engineering governance is planned and managed effectively
- Oversight of capability and solution development and technical relationships with key stakeholders
- Proposal writing and reviewing
- Collating and presenting engineering estimates
- Identify risks and propose mitigations
- Undertake design to cost activities
- Work with the Programme Engineering Manager to support the wider business vision and strategy and achieve business level objectives.
- Managing effective teams that embrace change and seek continual improvement
- You’ll also have people manager responsibilities in this role.
Your skills and experiences:
- Evidence of participation in high value competitive bids and experience and understanding of the full engineering lifecycle
- A previous role producing Proposals and Competitor assessments and developing and reviewing supplier Statements of Work
- Experience in analysing customer requirements and understanding of compliance to requirements against costs and extensive supplier and customer engagement
- Qualified with STEM degree or IT equivalent qualification
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The team delivers effective oversight of campaigns, bids and capability development to enable the delivery of high-quality solutions to our customers.
The Digital Intelligence team:
Customers increasingly demand information and technology solutions delivering advantage, communications, planning, operations and cyber protection. C5ISR within Digital Intelligence is where we design and build cutting edge IT solutions for incorporation into products and services.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.