Project Manager - Delivery
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Project Manager - Delivery
Location: Barrow-in-Furness. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements for this role
Salary: Up to £56,000 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Raise and manage programme risks and opportunities against key programme milestones, particularly test and commissioning key events
- Produce risk mitigation plans and request drawdown of funds where appropriate
- Report on status of key programme risks and opportunities to the Dreadnought Alliance and Whole Boat Integration Director
- Project manage ad hoc enabling tasks and produce metric packs as appropriate
- Schedule Analysis of risk positions, pre and post mitigation plan implementation
- Lead and develop team of Project Engineers of varying experience
Your skills and experiences:
- Project management experience with a focus in risk and opportunity management experience
- Good networking and influencing skills
- Ability to organise and interpret complex and varied information
- Engineering background would be advantageous
- Degree qualified or APM Qualifications/associated certificate or equivalent experience would be beneficial
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Platform System Integration Group:
The Platform System Integration Group is an operational group which brings together elements of the Delivery Organisation, whole Boat Integration, Build, Test & Commissioning and Platform Engineering.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.