SAP QM Consultant
BAE Systems UK
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title:SAP QM Consultant
Location: Barrow-In-Furness. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements for this role - please speak to your recruiter for more information
Salary:In the region of £70,000 per annum
What you’ll be doing:
- Incident Management:- Resolving SAP incidents relating to SAP QM solutions
- Requirements analysis – understanding the implications of requests for change coming in from the end user community, and working with the business and key stakeholders, together with ERPCC functional staff to ensure these requirements are adequately understood & documented
- Change Management: - Development of functional specifications relating to a change. Delivery of SAP QM configurations to support the change. Working with internal and external partners during the build of the change, and finally testing of the change prior to deployment
- On larger projects, working alongside Functional consultants and developers from SI partners collaboratively delivering changes
- Production of high-quality documentation (Functional specifications principally)
Your skills and experiences:
- Current knowledge of SAP QM principles and practice (ECC or S/4). We currently operate on SAP S/4 Version 21/09
- As many full SAP project lifecycles as possible in a Lead/Senior Technical/Consultant role, ideally in complex regulated environments (e.g. Defence, Nuclear, Pharma, Banking)
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional delivery team. Discussion of the implications of your changes/developments with other team members
- Understanding of the key ITIL Processes impacting the department (Incident Management, Change Management, Release Management and Configuration Management)
- Ability to produce high quality Functional specifications and work collaboratively with functional teams and developers to build, test and ultimately support those developments
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Product Fulfilment Group with IM&T team:
The ERP Competency Centre within IM&T supports circa 8500 SAP Users. The department exists to ensure that incidents relating to SAP are dealt with in a timely manner and that Changes requested by the business relating to SAP are managed to conclusion. The department also administers User requests for access.
SAP is a huge application delivering much capability to the programmes, and we have a roadmap of project work to extend this capability over the coming years. When ERP Projects arise, the appropriate team members are seconded onto the project as subject matter experts. These positions have arisen as we are organically growing our internal SAP delivery capability to displace external support. We are looking to recruit an experienced QM Consultant.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.