BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Portsmouth based, but can be located across the southern region as hybrid working arrangements are in place
Salary: £56,000+ dependent upon experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring the successful delivery of a Portfolio of projects of varying value and complexity
- Ensuring successful financial performance and risk management
- Managing a multi-disciplinary team in a project environment
- Managing/Supporting Customer/Stakeholder group through reviews and progress meetings
- Managing negotiations with Customer/Stakeholder/Sub-Contractor
- Delivering regular briefs at Board/IPT level for the project
- Driving efficiency and best practice, aligning local processes and procedures as applicable
Your skills and experiences:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Project Management techniques including: resource planning and management; cost capture, analysis & forecasting; schedule planning and tracking including risk and opportunity management, change management.
- Experience of Stakeholder Management & Customer Engagement
- Multifunctional understanding of Supply chain & commercial practices and understand the principles of bid and estimating processes
- Degree educated or time served equivalent
- Recognised PM qualification
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Within Naval Ships Combat Systems the Professional Services team continues to grow its portfolio. Focussed on developing four important strategic themes these are - Integrated Air & Missile Defence, Complex Systems Integration & Data Exploitation, Autonomy and Cyber Services. The group’s aim is to “leverage our deep complex mission systems thinking in order to assist our customers in solving & delivering their future integration
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.