Service Charge Accountant
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Service Charge Accountant
Location: Preston, Frimley or Farnborough - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £40,000 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Financially managing and reporting the performance of Real Estate and Facilities budgets through the monthly reporting process including the preparation of monthly profit and cash forecasts, reviewing and analysis of variances and identification of risks and opportunities
- Responsibility for the financial build-up of the Integrated Business Plan (IBP) (5-year business plan). Supporting the Real Estate and Facilities Managers in its development, ensuring it is based on a robust set of assumptions with all risks and opportunities considered and reported
- Ensuring sales invoices are raised accurately and timely including the accurate recognition of recoveries to both BAE Systems group companies and third-party tenants. Support relevant staff in the recovery of debt to ensure accurate and timely cash management
- Working closely with non-finance managers and teams to provide effective financial support, reporting and control and with other Finance team members to drive continuous improvement
- Ensuring the tenancy schedules and service charge models for relevant sites are maintained, reviewed for accuracy and are timely reconciled
- Providing support to tenants through providing relevant and timely financial information for periodic reviews and attendance at customer meetings, maintaining a high level of customer focus at all times. Providing internal customers with accurate and relevant information to support IBP submissions
Your skills and experiences:
- CIMA qualified or working towards the qualification
- Cash flow management and analysis experience
- Understanding of budgets and forecast process, managing risks and opportunities
- Previous Cost Base or Cost Performance experience is highly desirable
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Cost Performance team:
Working within a small, supportive, and dynamic team of experienced accountants, you will play a key role in supporting sites all across the UK for real estate solutions. You will be liaising with internal stakeholders regularly, which in turn, will provide you with a strong insight into the company. This is an exciting and varied role where no two days will be the same. If you are an experienced accountant dealing in; lettings, chasing PO numbers, reconciliation & service charges – then this is a role designed for you.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.