Engineering Team Leader
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Engineering Team Leader (Quality, Production and Manufacturing)
Location: Rochester - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: Up to £50,000 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring all Quality, Production and Manufacturing Engineering Tasks to support a business area, process or function are completed satisfactorily and adequately resourced
- Managing, leading and coaching the performance of the team of 10+Engineers using appropriate tools & techniques and identifying training/development requirements
- Liaising with Business Group Project Managers / customers on all project matters
- Creating and delivering presentations/reports/performance metrics
- Delivering on team commitments and making priority calls on the team activities
- Leading, facilitating and supporting continuous improvement activities both within and outside of team
Your skills and experiences:
- Previous leadership experience, including coaching and developing teams/individuals
- Degree/HNC/HND in an engineering discipline or equivalent qualification with experience within a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Strong communicator with the ability to present to all levels within the business
- Knowledge and understanding of problem solving, root cause analysis techniques and lean manufacturing/six sigma
- Sound understanding of engineering principals and manufacturing processes including knowledge of EN9100, AS9145 or ISO9001 would be advantageous
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The QPM team:
As a Quality, Production and Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader, you will manage a team of Quality, Production and Manufacturing Engineers as well as working indirectly with an Integrated Manufacturing Team to support all technical aspects of the Manufacturing lifecycle of a group of products.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.