Service Design Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Service Design Manager
Location: Preston, Farnborough & Filton. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements.
Salary: £45k - £55k per annum
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing Services for optimal availability via introduction of robust proactive service management processes and designing for end user consumption ensuring positive User Experiences are delivered
- Creation of Service Design Packs and implementation of Service Transition Plans to realise new Services meeting agreed requirements
- Delivering Service Design for multiple projects within a programme in compliance with the organisation’s delivery frameworks and as a co-ordinated, seamless transition
- Being accountable for the transition activities on behalf of the programme, ensuring effective co-ordination and communication between project managers, the programme leads and the customers
Your skills and experiences:
- Knowledge of IT Service Management, Service Design and Service Transition Management
- ITIL / Six Sigma qualifications desirable, training and sponsorships provided for strong candidates without
- Understanding of Service Design principles and artefacts
- Ability to engage and run workshops with service owners, project managers and other relevant stakeholders to foster good collaboration and build trusted relationships
- Ability to produce high quality documentation using Microsoft Office and Visio
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Service Operations team:
You will be joining a professional and dynamic team, which is going through a period of sustained growth with an Enterprise international agenda. The team operate within an existing framework using standard repeatable processes/templates. Autonomy and flexibility is encouraged to foster creativity and innovation.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.