BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Principal Engineer
Location: Portsmouth, We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £53,000 dependant on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Principal Engineer and design authority for the development and delivery of energy and low carbon solution products, across all phases of the Engineering lifecycle (feasibility studies through to detailed design and installation)
- Generate new ideas and collaborate with our R&D team to develop new energy & carbon reduction products
- Responsible for planning, resourcing, integration and delivery of own engineering programmes and activities; monitor and report on progress, key dependencies, emergent issues, risks and conflicts on a regular basis
- Define and undertake functional design/qualification/fitness for purpose testing, legislative requirements analysis, and safety activities to generate the evidence required for certification and acceptance into operation
- Provide technical leadership in the resolution of arising engineering issues utilising own expertise and knowledge to determine and agree appropriate solutions
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree level qualified in an Engineering discipline with CEng accreditation (or working towards)
- Experience and robust understanding of the Engineering Lifecycle Management across projects, products and strategy
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Energy team:
You will be working alongside several Energy Engineers within this fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. You will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic team that are working on pushing the business forward within the energy sector. You will be at the forefront of the movement. This role will also allow for development opportunities. This is an ideal role for an experienced engineer who is looking to transition into the energy sector.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation