Manufacturing Engineer - Composite
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Manufacturing Engineer – Composite
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: £37,090 +
What you’ll be doing:
- Researching new manufacturing technologies for application to airframe manufacture
- Working with Product Engineering teams to identify manufacturing and materials technologies solutions for aircraft production
- Assisting in constructing programmes of work to develop and apply these technologies to our environment and new platforms
- Working hands on and with internal organisations/ suppliers/ partners to conduct development programmes to mature technologies
- Working within cost and schedule targets to deliver project outputs in line with the desired outcome
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree, HND or recognised apprenticeship with appropriate experience in an applicable subject area (Mechanical/ Manufacturing/ Aeronautical/ Materials Engineering)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good team working skills. The ability to work cooperatively with others to deliver successful programmes
- An understanding of modern CAD/ CAM/ PLM toolsets and a willingness to investigate and learn future toolsets
- Knowledge of one of composites manufacturing process including automated layup
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Airframe Technology Capability Delivery team:
The Airframe Technology Capability Delivery team within Advanced Projects and Technology are charged with identifying, developing, and maturing technologies, which will provide product performance, cost, and lead-time advantage to BAE Systems both for current and future platforms, through working with technology suppliers, Research and Development organisations and universities to deliver this goal
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.