Data Engineer Senior Practitioner
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Data Engineer Senior Practitioner
Location: Preston / Farnborough
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary:Circa £42K pending experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Performing audits to ensure the accuracy of information and undertakes any necessary corrective action under direction
- Appling ethical and robust techniques in the transformation of data from one format/medium to another, in line with organisational policies and procedures and being sensitive to risks around the use of information
- Leading on the co-ordination of plans across multiple suppliers and delivers and communicates those plans
- Using appropriate methods and a systematic approach in the development, maintenance, control and distribution of quality and environmental standards. Makes technical changes to and controls the updates and distribution of quality standards
- Appling data analysis, design, modelling, and quality assurance techniques
- Leading on technical aspects of systems development and integration to function
- Delivering projects in collaboration with project and programme management
- Providing technical leadership and expertise for technical strategies, policies, standards and practices within own area of responsibility
Your skills and experiences:
- Have advanced skill level within our key toolsets and maintain currency with external best practise; SSIS and SSRS
- Experience with Qlik Replicate , Qlik Compose, Confluence, Jira, Alation, Python, Visual Studio, VUE
- Demonstrable experience of applying data & analytics techniques to business problems
- Proven experience of successfully leading data & analytics work packages or projects in a data warehouse environment
- Data integration experience
- Be trained at least to ITIL foundation and either appropriate ITIL Intermediate or other appropriate capability training
- Knowledge of working within a SIAM operating model would be beneficial
- Relevant vocational qualification or equivalent experience (e.g. HNC / Prince 2 Foundation / Computer Science Degree
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The team: The Shared Services Data & Analytics Hub is at the heart of our company data landscape, bringing together data from our global operations and generating a broad range of insights to inform key business decisions.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.