Quality Leader - Radiography
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Quality Leader – Radiography (Delivery)
Location: Barrow-in-Furness – this is primarily a nightshift role with the potential need to be flexible for other shifts
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead positive engagement with stakeholders on radiography activities / Engagement on radiography best practice activities across submarines
- Expertise in the use of radiographic inspection equipment
- Line manage radiography teams for each shift with control of radiography team leaders / Organise and manage radiography teams to cover site activities
- Tracking and control of radiography sources for the whole site including ordering and returning current stock of isotopes
- Review and control of Radiation protection procedures and risk assessments
- Arranging and controlling annual and routine maintenance/calibration on all radiography related equipment
- Collaboration with Health Physics for arranging safety checks on Radiography enclosures
- Lead radiation protection discussions with colleagues in the department and hold a key role in contingency team for radiation contingency plans
Your skills and experiences:
- Qualified with a minimum PCN Level 2 Radiographic Inspection / PCN 2 Basic Radiation Safety
- Good communication skills with excellent stakeholder management
- Experience of tracking, control and transportation of sealed sources on site
- Radiation Protection Supervisor
- PCN Level 3 Radiography (welds)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Our Radiography team:
You will be working as part of a team of multi discipline Radiographers assuring the weld quality on Astute and Dreadnought Class Submarines meets design intent.
Our department fits into a wider quality function, covering multiple disciplines from Inspection to Governance. This role will be challenging, interesting and rewarding and provide a varied day to day workload.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.