Software Assurance Group Leader
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Software Assurance Group Leader
Location: Warton. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements for this role
Salary: £52,084 - £57,344per annum depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading and supporting the Radar software assurance team whilst taking responsibility for managing and developing the team
- Ensuring that the team works with Project Controls to discharge it's work to cost budgets and schedule, while resolving queries to maintain a topical schedule
- Building relationships and networks across the supplier, Eurofighter Partner Company and customer communities
- Co-ordinating the assessment of Radar software products and process compliance against supplier software development plans
- Embedding a culture of continuous improvement within the Radar Software Assurance team
Your skills and experiences:
- A degree in a STEM subject (preferably with Software or Systems Engineering focus) or equivalent relevant experience
- Working knowledge of the Atlassian toolset (Jira & Confluence)
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- Experience leading a team would be advantageous
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Eurofighter Design Responsibility Team
This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Eurofighter Typhoon Radar Equipment Design Responsibility (EDR) team, in support of the software development effort on various Radar programmes. The role sits within the EDR team based in Warton, working closely with the Radar Equipment Supplier (EuroRadar, Leonardo-UK, Hensoldt, Leonardo-IT and Indra).
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.