Senior Engineer - Test Integration (I)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
.Job title: Senior Integration Test Engineer
Location: Barrow in Furness
What you’ll be doing:
- Undertaking all works in a safe manner and proactively supporting the safety of others
- Writing test procedures using technical information from suppliers and design authority
- Understand and interpret the customer needs for integration activities and affect these once agreed as deliverables
- Undertaking integration testing in line with approved test
- Investigating complex technical faults and queries of the (to be) integrated systems based on a strong understanding of the underlying technical design
- Compiling and communicating test/fault/investigation evidence and reports in verbal, informal and formal written mediums
- Understand the need for and support where required integration activity on supplier and customer sites
- Undertake regular maintenance of integration equipment not otherwise covered by Site and Facilities, the Calibration Lab or other supporting teams
- Support the documentation of domain knowledge and be to pass on information and expertise to help grow the knowledge base within appropriate business teams
Your skills and experiences:
- HNC/HND / degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Detailed knowledge of safety controls & procedures in an operational environment
- Ability to provide technical knowledge & instruction to emergent incidents
- Knowledge and understanding to provide technical guidance to Control Systems
- Knowledge and understanding of Electrical Testing and / or Software Testing
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
The Senior Integration Test Engineer team:
As a Senior Integration Test Engineer, you will be responsible for the reviewing documentation, writing Test procedure and following test procedures.
You will have an opportunity to work on complex engineering and testing project for Dreadnought, part of an initial team of eight joining a team that will likely be growing rapidly, allowing for development opportunities.