AIR - Strategy Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Air - Strategy Engineer
Location: Warton. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: Up to £70,385
What you’ll be doing:
- Collating all existing strategic milestones and constraints in an appropriate toolset (likely to be Confluence)
- Workshopping elements of the Air Engineering Strategy with relevant Capability Engineering Managers and Heads of Value Stream to ensure consistency and appropriateness of approach
- Creating and developing parts of the Air Engineering Strategy such as Strategic Objectives, Desired Outcomes and Roadmaps that are ambitious but also measurable and achievable
- Reviewing the Air Engineering Strategy with key stakeholders both in Head Office and across the Air Sector to ensure buy-in
Your skills and experiences:
- A degree in a STEM subject or equivalent relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience of Engineering within the Defence/Aerospace Industry
- Experience in Model-based Systems Engineering &/or digital engineering , and awareness of its advantages.
- Very strong communication, presentation, facilitation and influencing skills
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Central Engineering Capability and Strategy team:
You will join a small team shaping and inspiring change in the future of Engineering within the Air Sector. This is an exciting and dynamic role - capturing and co-ordinating the Air Engineering Strategy.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.