Senior Engineer - Systems
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Engineer – Systems
Location: Portsdown Technology Park (Portsmouth) - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £55,900 (dependent on experience and skillset)
What you’ll be doing:
- Participating in the trials, testing and integration activities of electronic equipment and systems and their interaction with associated systems and accurately capturing findings
- Post trials analysis of data using suitable toolsets
- Producing written assurance reports and/or technical notes providing supporting evidence to allow informed decisions to be made in support of clearing the equipment
- Working within engineering teams to ensure tasks are completed to the estimate and in a timely manner
- Participating in meetings, reviews and workshops as required by the Customer and external stakeholders
Your skills and experiences:
- The ability to solve complex problems and Configuration Management experience
- The ability to run through scripts and accurately capture and document results
- Working with complex systems with an understanding of systems end to end testing
- Degree, HND or HNC in a STEM related subject or equivalent experience
- Exposure to Network architecture in a traditional or virtual environment
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Naval Combat Systems Integration Support team:
The team provides the Royal Navy with combat systems integration services to both in-service and future platforms including the Type 45 destroyers, the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers and the Type 26 Global Combat Ship.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.