Senior Project Professional - Delivery
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Project Professional - Delivery
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, with a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements available
Salary: From £37,789 per annum, depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Utilizing newly available technology to deliver standard and consistent data quality reporting
- Aligning and improving Project Management and Controls owned business cycles and their interfaces with customer cycles
- Referring to the DMAIC (define, measure, analyse, improve, and control) model to identify issues and opportunities with data quality by gathering data to validate and quantify problems
- Analysing the root causes of issues, so that solutions can be identified and implemented with continued measurement and monitoring of the improvement
- Educating the PM&C Function with regards to the importance of defining, improving and sustaining the integrity and quality of data as a foundation for effective decision making
Your skills and experiences:
- Strong analytical skills, including an ability to apply problem solving to situations of moderate complexity under limited supervision
- Experience of gathering, analyzing and reporting data
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, with an ability to breakdown complex issues and communicate effectively to a wide range of people and teams
- Knowledge of the UK Defence Sector and Submarines Enterprise
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Tools and Systems Capability team:
The Tools & Systems team is all about championing and enabling usage of our business toolsets, to improve performance and the provision of high-quality PM&C digital reporting. The Tools and Systems team are also responsible for Cost Management, providing a centre of excellence for the management of cost. This includes delivering training and supporting cost management reporting, in line with project and programme requirements.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.