Senior Operations Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Nuclear Discipline Skills and Capability
Location: Barrow - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
What you’ll be doing:
- Support in the development of department processes.
- Produce appropriate department documentation.
- Responsible for liaising with planning and other technical departments.
- Responsible for developing innovative process solutions.
- Develop and mentor new employees and team members.
- Responsible for identifying own development opportunities.
- Understand, develop and implement greater customer and external relations.
- To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation, e.g., Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc
Your skills and experiences:
- Knowledge and recognition of relevant engineering standards (including safety and environmental regulations)
- HNC or NVQ within an engineering/nuclear background
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Nuclear discipline skills and capability team:
Would you like a chance to work in a Operations Engineer role within BAE? We currently have vacancies Nuclear discipline skills and capability role at our site Barrow. This role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your career within the business and to develop and enhance your skill within our NDSC team.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.