Senior and Principal Engineers – Electrical Engineering (C%26I)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior and Principal Engineers – Electrical Engineering (C&I)
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Undertaking functional design, providing specialist advice and producing evidence in support of legislative, safety and technical requirements
- Liaising with internal and external customers as part of a technical team
- Undertaking peer reviews
- Articulating and presenting technical arguments, clearly, logically, and simply
As a Senior Engineer,
- Coordinating and executing engineering tasks or packages of work, providing guidance and advice in a consistent professional manner.
- Taking notice of appropriate budget, timescale and quality standards as well as providing leadership where required
As a Principal Engineer,
- Executing, evaluating, delivering and managing complex engineering and/or cross functional tasks or programmes of work recognising stakeholder and customer requirements
- Identifying as well as implementing opportunities for personal/team development to ensure that professional capability of the business and individual are maintained as well as improved
Your skills and experiences:
- A relevant Science, Technology, Engineering or, Mathematics (STEM) Degree or equivalent qualification and experience within an Engineering background
- Experience in PLC and SCADA programming, C&I system verification test design or parts specification would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience of engineering lifecycle and technical specialities
- Working towards relevant Professional Registration
- Significant demonstrable experience of engineering lifecycle phases and technical specialities
- Having obtained or capable of obtaining relevant Professional Registration (CEng)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The C&I team:
Lead C&I Project Leaders. We are looking for you to support our ongoing Submarine programmes throughout the engineering lifecycle from concept through in service support, ensuring that we deliver an effective Royal Navy capability and a platform that ensures the safety of its crew.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.